Our Covid-19 Guidelines
We are taking extra precautions due to Covid-19. We will ask you some screening questions once you have booked your appointment in order to determine that you are able to have a massage. In addition we ask that you please follow the guidelines below. This is for your own safety as well as ours.
We aIm to be 15 minutes early.
We will aim to arrive 15 minutes before the time of your first treatment to ensure that we have time to set up.
We provide towels.
If you have your own towels & oils and would prefer that we use them please let us know.
You will need to wear a face covering
We do ask all of our clients wear a face covering before they are get onto the table. We will wear appropriate PPE inline with government regulations.
PLEASE SANITISE YOUR HANDS
All clients will be asked to sanitise their hands with our anti bacterial gel.
PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS
All clients will be asked to to wash their hands before treatment.
TEMPERTURE CHECK ON ARRIVAL
We will also be checking peoples temperatures before starting the appointment.
SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS?
ENHANCED CLEANING PROCEDURES.
We are carrying out extra cleaning of our equipment. Please make sure that you ventilate the room that the massage will take place as much as possible before a mobile appointment.
Procedures may differ slightly depending on your location.
Covid-19 Risk Assesment
There is a risk involved in any close contact business where a 2-metre distance is not possible. We have put together this Covid-19 risk assessment to inform you of everything you need to know about Covid-19 and how Mobile Massage Therapy has adapted our service to fit with the current guidelines. New measures must be put in place to reduce the risk of spreading the virus and keeping our clients safe. For the latest information in regards to close contacting business guidelines set out by the government please click here.
Who might be harmed and how?
My clients, their family members who may be vulnerable. If the correct measures are not followed.
High risk clients
Age – The virus seems to have a bigger impact on people who are older.
Gender – has a bigger impact on males than females
Ethnicity – seems to have a bigger impact on people from some ethnicities
Health – has a bigger impact if you already have other pre-existing health
When is the action needed by?
What are you already doing to control the risks?
- Identified what the risks are and who is most vulnerable in this Covid-19 risk assessment
- Identified who may be at higher risk of problems if they contracted the virus.
- Where possible working outside to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- Advising any individuals who think they may be high risk to check with the doctor before booking and, where possible provide a doctor’s note declaring that they are fit to have a treatment.
- Sending a full online consultation to the client to limit face to face exposure. Collecting basic track and trace information in case they or I come into contact with Covid-19.
Hygiene & PPE
- Washing all towels and linen with Dettol laundry detergent to kill viruses and bacteria.
- Ensuring every surface that the client touches is cleaned or changed between clients.
- Plastic, sealable containers for laundry used.
- Cleaning massage table with a bleach solution after the session and antibacterial wipes between clients.
- Washing hands more often.
- Encouraging clients to wash their hands.
- Asking the client to ventilate the room 1 hour before my arrival at the property.
What further action do you need to take to control the risks?
Continue to take the steps already put in place, review weekly if anything needs to be adjusted and change accordingly. Keep up to date with government guidelines here https://www.hse.gov.uk/simple-health-safety/risk/
Full list of questions in the consultation form
To view and complete this form please click here